LAW ENFORCEMENT MEDICINE (LEM)
It’s not just for “SWAT” anymore
This course is NOT the Basic First Responder Course taught at Law Enforcement Academies.
The Tactical Medics International Law Enforcement Medicine (LEM) course, offered by Security Solutions International (SSI) is designed for SWAT Operators and other Law Enforcement Officers who may be required to provide basic emergency medical support to tactical teams or other law enforcement officers, in the absence of a tactical medic. This concept is widely practiced in the military and is often referred to by other names, including; Law Enforcement Life Saver, Save Yourself – Save Your Partner, Self-Aid – Buddy-Aid, Combat Life Saver, First Responder Plus, or Tactical Combat Casualty Care.
This course provides the finest didactic and practical application in the art and skill of providing emergency medical care and officer rescue in a law enforcement environment. Active shooter scenarios are also emphasized.
This 8-hour course is primarily designed for the law enforcement officer or tactical operator with no prior medical training. Previous training in basic first-aid or “basic first responder” is useful, but not required.
Combat Medicine Training for Every Law Enforcement Officerin your Agency
- Officer Safety Training (Like No Other).
- Advanced Training (Not Another First Responder Course).
- Taught by Experts.
- Training Conducted at Your Location/Agency.
- Law Enforcement Medicine for Law Enforcement Officers.
- Life-Saving Training.
- Improves Your Agency’s Liability Posture, Public Perception, and Officer’s Morale.
Have You Done EVERYTHING You Can To Protect Your Officers?
TACTICAL EMERGENCY MEDICAL SUPPORT (TEMS) COURSE
This 55+ hour certification course is provided by Tactical Medics International in cooperation with Security Solutions International (SSI). It provides the finest didactic and practical application in the art and skill of providing Emergency Medical Care and Rescue in the Tactical environment.
- Current knowledge and previous experience as a medical provider. Certification at the EMT-Basic level (or higher) for civilians is recommended. Previous combat medical experience in the military may be acceptable on an individual basis.
- Employed by a Public Safety agency (EMS, Police, or Fire), military, or a division of the Department of Homeland Security.
- ALL applicants must also provide proof of law-enforcement agency affiliation on agency letterhead. Law enforcement agency “endorsement” of students is required for non-law enforcement-sworn students.
Topics / Activities of the Tactical Medic Training Program May Include:
Tactical Combat Casualty Care, Immediate Response Tactics, Latest Concepts in Legal Liability Aspects of the Tactical Medic, Sports Medicine for the Tactical Athlete, Non-Mission Medical Care, Medical Aspects of Specific Operations, Medical Threat Assessment/Medical Preplanning, Tactical Movement, Extraction, Assessment and Remote Assessment Methodology, Equipment Selection/Special Medical Gear for Tactical Operations, Hostage Survival, Tactical Airway Considerations, Extended Operations Considerations and Logistics, Heat Stress, Team Health and Management, Basic Suturing, Clandestine Drug Labs and Booby Traps, Medicine Across the Barricade, Dive Medicine, Water Rescue, Advanced Personnel Recovery, Ballistics/Forensics, CBRNE and Toxic Hazards, Medical Effects of Less-Lethal Weapons, Anti-Personnel Devices, Field Expedient Decontamination, Riot Control Agents, and much more.
This course adheres to, and teaches the most up-to-date concepts of Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC), and Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC), and recommendations from:
- National TEMS Initiative and Council
- Coalition for Tactical Medicine
- National Registry of Tactical Medicine
- American College of Surgeons
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- International Trauma Life Support
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support
- National Registry of EMT
Security Solutions International (SSI), in partnership with Tactical Medics International, is capable of instructing tactical medicine on any topic, at any level. We would be happy to "custom design" a course that fits your needs.